Wednesday, March 5, 2014


Kindness Lives!

            The other day I was in line at the grocery store. The person in front of me had a child in tow and was struggling to reach her items in her cart. I said, “Allow me to help you”, and I helped her with the task. She seemed so surprised. I smiled and said, “Kindness lives … pass it on”. She smiled back and nodded.  I am often struck by those who hold a door a door for me or allow me to get out into traffic and always smile and give a hearty ‘thank you’!

These simple, random, acts of kindness can have great impact – far more than we could ever know. We never know what the person next to us is going through that day. These little kindnesses from a stranger can lift a heart, give hope, and turn a day around.

            I don’t think I am being old fashioned – but when I see someone so intent on their ‘mobile device’ that they are oblivious to those around them and any interruption is viewed as an intrusion. I feel sad – they are missing it – real life.

            For kindness to live we have to notice one another and be willing to lend a hand, a smile, and a kind word.  Kindness lives! … Pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment